Saturday, December 12, 2009

***A Confession, Of Sorts-For Joyce D., Hunter College High School, Class Of 1966, Somewhere

Click on the headline to link to my "Classmates" profile page to get a flavor of what the post below refers to.

A Confession, Of Sorts

Originally posted in December 2009 on my profile page at Classmates


We live in an age, thanks to Internet technology, where one is able to tell-all in an instant. Well, here is my contribution to the genre with a half-fictional, whimsical tale. But only half...

Okay, okay I have a confession to make. I am being forced to do so, kicking and screaming, by my "soul mate". Her telling me something about coming clean for the good of my soul. Whatever. In any case one and all should now know that I am on this Class of 1964 site under false pretenses. Oh, sure, when I originally came on I, like you, was just trying to take a little nostalgic trip down memory lane to the good old high school days. However, once here, I started to spew forth about the fates of various sports figures like the fleet-footed long distance runner, Bill Cadger, and the behemoth football player, Bill Curran, and his heroic partners in the victorious 1964 football season.

Then, seemingly as an act of hubris, I felt compelled to investigate various aspects of our common past using a very handy copy of the "Manet" as a guide. I ran through a whole series of investigations from rather simple ones like the pressing question of the rationale for white socks and shorts and the more urgent one of the rationale for separate boys' and girls' bowling teams and, ultimately, stumbling on to the apparently nefarious doings of Tri-Hi-Y. Well, you get the drift- a guy with a little time on his hands and a decided penchant for mischief.

Well those would all be good and sufficient reasons for being on this site, if those were indeed the reasons. But here is where the confession part comes in. The REAL reason I am on this site is the generic Classmate homepage. I am very, very curious, among other things, about those 833 nubile young women, courtesy of an online dating service, who live near my town and who are just dying to meet an old geezer. (Fellow women classmates, I am sure, get the same with hulky, beefcake young guys.) The slender, slinky, saucy (and intelligent, of course) Kerry, in particular, has my attention. But enough of that. That above-mentioned "soul mate" would take a very dim view on this subject. But now I know why the expression "dirty old man" and the word "lecher" were created in the English language long ago.

That hardly ends this sordid tale though. Other, admittedly, lesser kinds of information also intrigue me like my credit rating. Hell, apparently, my credit is too good. I can't raise a bank loan for hell nor high water. Seemingly only GM, Goldman Sachs, AIG and that bankrupt-prone crowd gets the nod these days. (Now, let's not get political here Al. Save that for another day.) More appropriately, if ominously, our brethren at AARP have seen fit to extol the virtues of long-term care insurance. So you can see how one can get easily sidetracked. So be it. However, here is the good part. I have taken, and I hope you will join me, the PLEDGE. From here on in I will keep my eyes straight forward on my profile page , the Class Of 1964 home page and only click on the "Message Board" section. Well, except for one little, little peek at... winsome Kerry.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment